Welcome to Hanok
- Home>Hanok>About Hanok
- [ Writings and materials provided by Jo Jeon-hwan (CEO of Iyeon Inc.) ]
- One of the characteristics of building a hanok is the short construction time. This was made possible as construction-related works had become specialized, popularizing the wood trade during the process of industrialization in the late Joseon period. The newly found popularity of the hanok has recently led the industry to incorporate hanok construction into their business model. Accordingly, many efforts to modernize hanok construction, such as the development of a database related with hanok structures and construction techniques based on CAD and 3D simulation, are being made.
- Here is the 3D design video clip of the hanok construction process.
- Not all hanok structures are built in this way, but this video clip gives you a general idea about how a hanok is constructed.
(Insert the image with the right number from the “Simulation Still Image” folder)
- * The purlin, daeryang, and column headpiece mentioned in the caption accompanying the still images shown above are individual elements of hanok architecture.